Taste of Basalt returns Saturday
October 31, 2013
The 18th annual Taste of Basalt will be held from 6 to 11 p.m. Saturday at the Roaring Fork Club.
The event is a popular fundraiser for the Basalt Education Foundation. There will be food from a number of midvalley restaurants and wine from area distributors. Woody Creek Distillery, located in Basalt, will provide vodka.
DJ Dylan will spin dance music and dozens of items will be available in a silent auction. There also will be tickets sold for a raffle.
Raffle prizes this year include two 25,000-mile United Airlines frequent-flier tickets good for economy round-trip travel in the 48 contiguous states, an iPad and a Kindle Fire HD. Guests can purchase raffle tickets ($5 each or five for $20) at the Taste of Basalt.
The event's title sponsor, Alpine Bank, has pledged $10,000 to support this year's Taste of Basalt and the Basalt Education Foundation's mission to enhance education at the town's public schools.
Taste of Basalt tickets are $85 per person or $160 per couple and are available at Midland Shoe in downtown Basalt or online at http://www.tasteofbasalt.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Last year's Taste of Basalt raised more than $65,000 that was distributed to all three schools, including support for the following programs:
• $14,000 for 30 new iPads used by all Basalt Middle School students.
• $10,000 to help support the launch of the new Aspen Center for Environmental Studies' environmental-education program at the elementary school.
• $7,300 for continuing education for teachers at the high school.
• More than $6,000 for technology to support the high school classrooms.
• More than $5,000 to offset costs of outdoor and experiential education trips at all three schools.
• $4,000 to make the playground safer at the elementary school.
• $2,000 for Mr. G, the "Science Guy," to continue his classes at the elementary school.
The Basalt Education Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose executive board includes school parents, business leaders and Basalt town staff. For more information, visit http://www.basaltedu.org.