Zane’s Tavern wins hockey tourney
October 7, 2014
Zane's Tavern, an Aspen-based adult hockey team, skated to the championships in the Hockey Mountain High Tournament last weekend in Aspen.
Games were played at the Aspen Ice Garden as well as Lewis Ice Arena at the Aspen Recreation Center (ARC).
Zane's Tavern defeated the Yodeling Pickles from Denver 6-1 in the championship of the Open Division, led by the high-scoring line of Geoffrey Lubin, Bryan Lee and Andy Conarroe.
In the Rec A Division, the Beansnappers from Denver played Chechvar, another Front Range team.
The Beansnappers won 7-3, paced by a hat trick from Mike Lien. He also had an assist in the championship.
In the Rec B Division, the Rink Rats came from behind to win in overtime.
Recommended Stories For You
Aaron Belleseville scored the winning goal with 12 seconds left in OT, assisted by Zach Sears and Andy Smith.
Twenty-two teams competed in three divisions in the tournament.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Aspen skier, 2018 Olympian Wiley Maple healthy, ready for World Cup season
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts to begin June 11