Vonn will skip ceremony to introduce ski team
November 15, 2012
VAIL, Colo. – Lindsey Vonn will not attend a ceremony to introduce the U.S. Ski Team on Thursday.
Vonn was released from a hospital in Colorado on Wednesday, but details of her illness remain unclear and there is no indication of when she will return to skiing.
Vonn’s publicist, Lewis Kay, recently said the four-time overall World Cup champion and Olympic downhill gold medalist was “awaiting results from diagnostic testing for severe intestinal pain.”
Before her illness, Vonn was set to be among the skiers showing up for the festivities in Vail, where she lives. Bode Miller and Julia Mancuso are expected to attend.
Health permitting, Vonn’s next scheduled races are the giant slalom and slalom in Aspen on Thanksgiving weekend, followed by speed events in Lake Louise, Alberta.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Stirling Cup returns with 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall