Vonn will skip ceremony to introduce ski team
November 15, 2012
VAIL, Colo. – Lindsey Vonn will not attend a ceremony to introduce the U.S. Ski Team on Thursday.
Vonn was released from a hospital in Colorado on Wednesday, but details of her illness remain unclear and there is no indication of when she will return to skiing.
Vonn’s publicist, Lewis Kay, recently said the four-time overall World Cup champion and Olympic downhill gold medalist was “awaiting results from diagnostic testing for severe intestinal pain.”
Before her illness, Vonn was set to be among the skiers showing up for the festivities in Vail, where she lives. Bode Miller and Julia Mancuso are expected to attend.
Health permitting, Vonn’s next scheduled races are the giant slalom and slalom in Aspen on Thanksgiving weekend, followed by speed events in Lake Louise, Alberta.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)