Vonn will skip ceremony to introduce ski team
November 15, 2012
VAIL, Colo. – Lindsey Vonn will not attend a ceremony to introduce the U.S. Ski Team on Thursday.
Vonn was released from a hospital in Colorado on Wednesday, but details of her illness remain unclear and there is no indication of when she will return to skiing.
Vonn’s publicist, Lewis Kay, recently said the four-time overall World Cup champion and Olympic downhill gold medalist was “awaiting results from diagnostic testing for severe intestinal pain.”
Before her illness, Vonn was set to be among the skiers showing up for the festivities in Vail, where she lives. Bode Miller and Julia Mancuso are expected to attend.
Health permitting, Vonn’s next scheduled races are the giant slalom and slalom in Aspen on Thanksgiving weekend, followed by speed events in Lake Louise, Alberta.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen High skiers head to Purgatory hoping to defend state championships
- State skiing: Aspen High’s Levyn Thomas wins girls giant slalom title on Day 1
- Mikaela Shiffrin locks up another slalom title with 14th World Cup win of season
- Briefs Feb. 19: AHS hockey loses to Kent, Delta too much in basketball
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Playoffs are here, although with a heavy heart