Vonn admitted to hospital with undisclosed illness
November 12, 2012
VAIL, Colo. – Lindsey Vonn has been admitted to a hospital in Vail with an undisclosed illness.
Her spokesman, Lewis Kay, had no other updates on the U.S. skier’s condition Monday.
The four-time World Cup overall champion skipped a slalom competition in Finland last weekend to prepare for upcoming races in Aspen during the Thanksgiving weekend. She also had a promotional event lined up for last Friday in Vail, but had to cancel because she was sick.
Vonn recently requested to compete in a men’s downhill race, only to be rejected by the International Ski Federation. She was hoping to enter the men’s race Nov. 24 at Lake Louise, Alberta. Had she been allowed to compete against the men, Vonn would’ve missed the two races in Aspen because they take place the same weekend.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Explosive Platte Valley too much for Basalt football in 2A quarterfinals
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million