Vonn admitted to hospital with undisclosed illness
November 12, 2012
VAIL, Colo. – Lindsey Vonn has been admitted to a hospital in Vail with an undisclosed illness.
Her spokesman, Lewis Kay, had no other updates on the U.S. skier’s condition Monday.
The four-time World Cup overall champion skipped a slalom competition in Finland last weekend to prepare for upcoming races in Aspen during the Thanksgiving weekend. She also had a promotional event lined up for last Friday in Vail, but had to cancel because she was sick.
Vonn recently requested to compete in a men’s downhill race, only to be rejected by the International Ski Federation. She was hoping to enter the men’s race Nov. 24 at Lake Louise, Alberta. Had she been allowed to compete against the men, Vonn would’ve missed the two races in Aspen because they take place the same weekend.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday