U.S. announces snowboard teams for 2018 Winter Olympics in Korea
January 23, 2018
U.S. Ski and Snowboard on Tuesday officially announced its snowboard team for the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea.
The halfpipe team will include two-time Olympic gold medalist Shaun White, Ben Ferguson, Jake Pates and Chase Josey. Josey won the final qualifier last week in Mammoth to edge out fan favorite Danny Davis. Pates, of Eagle, formerly trained with the Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club.
The women's halfpipe team includes California teen sensation Chloe Kim, Olympic gold medalist Kelly Clark, Maddie Mastro and Steamboat’s Arielle Gold.
In snowboard slopestyle, the men are Silverthorne’s Red Gerard, Kyle Mack, Ryan Stassel and Chris Corning, another former AVSC athlete who lives in Summit County. The women include Jamie Anderson, Julia Marino, Hailey Langland and Jessika Jenson.
The snowboardcross athletes are, for men, Jonathan Cheever, Hagen Kearney, Nick Baumgartner and Mick Dierdorff, while the women are Lindsey Jacobellis, Faye Gulini, Meghan Tierney and Rosie Mancari.
A.J. Muss and Mike Trapp will compete in parallel giant slalom.
Recommended Stories For You
The remainder of the U.S. team, including cross country and alpine skiing, will be announced over the coming days.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Aspen skier, 2018 Olympian Wiley Maple healthy, ready for World Cup season
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works