TV coverage focuses on Aspen, Snowmass
August 20, 2013
When the USA Pro Challenge kicks into first gear with Stage 1 today, television coverage will focus directly on Aspen and Snowmass Village.
With the Aspen/Snowmass Circuit Race set for 1:05 p.m. today, the coverage by NBC and its sports group will take viewers on a tour of Aspen, Snowmass Village, Woody Creek, McLain Flats, the West End and downtown Aspen, along with obligatory shots of Maroon Bells and Pyramid Peak.
Stage 1 television coverage today is scheduled for 3 p.m. Aspen time on the NBC Sports Network.
Coverage of Tuesday's Stage 2, with a 10:10 a.m. start in downtown Aspen, also will be shown on the NBC Sports Network. The Tuesday TV coverage is set for 2 p.m. Aspen time.
The stage will finish in downtown Breckenridge.
Legendary announced Phil Liggett will lead the NBC telecast.
Recommended Stories For You
"The USA Pro Challenge is an iconic race on the U.S. cycling calendar and attracts the best riders, who are now in preparation for the upcoming World Championships in Italy," Liggett said. "The arrival of the Sky Procycling team, led by Tour de France winner Chris Froome and the green sprint jersey winner of the Tour in Peter Sagan shows just how much respect is paid to this super race through the state of Colorado," he said.
Liggett was featured in the opening ceremonies Saturday night at Snowmass Village when the cyclists for the 16 teams were introduced.
Coverage will continue on the NBC Sports Network at 3 p.m. Wednesday, 2 p.m. Thursday and 2 p.m.Friday.
On Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 24 and Aug. 25, there will be double coverage on NBC and the NBC Sports Network.
The full NBC network will carry the Loveland-Fort Collins stage at 12:30 p.m. Saturday. NBC Sports will follow with coverage at 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
On Sunday, the Denver Circuit Race will be on NBC Sports at noon and on NBC at 2 p.m.
NBC will live stream to PCs, mobile devices andf tablets through NBC Sports Live Extra.
Additional live online coverage of the USA Pro Challenge is available with the TourTracker app.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River