TV coverage focuses on Aspen, Snowmass
August 20, 2013
When the USA Pro Challenge kicks into first gear with Stage 1 today, television coverage will focus directly on Aspen and Snowmass Village.
With the Aspen/Snowmass Circuit Race set for 1:05 p.m. today, the coverage by NBC and its sports group will take viewers on a tour of Aspen, Snowmass Village, Woody Creek, McLain Flats, the West End and downtown Aspen, along with obligatory shots of Maroon Bells and Pyramid Peak.
Stage 1 television coverage today is scheduled for 3 p.m. Aspen time on the NBC Sports Network.
Coverage of Tuesday's Stage 2, with a 10:10 a.m. start in downtown Aspen, also will be shown on the NBC Sports Network. The Tuesday TV coverage is set for 2 p.m. Aspen time.
The stage will finish in downtown Breckenridge.
Legendary announced Phil Liggett will lead the NBC telecast.
Recommended Stories For You
"The USA Pro Challenge is an iconic race on the U.S. cycling calendar and attracts the best riders, who are now in preparation for the upcoming World Championships in Italy," Liggett said. "The arrival of the Sky Procycling team, led by Tour de France winner Chris Froome and the green sprint jersey winner of the Tour in Peter Sagan shows just how much respect is paid to this super race through the state of Colorado," he said.
Liggett was featured in the opening ceremonies Saturday night at Snowmass Village when the cyclists for the 16 teams were introduced.
Coverage will continue on the NBC Sports Network at 3 p.m. Wednesday, 2 p.m. Thursday and 2 p.m.Friday.
On Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 24 and Aug. 25, there will be double coverage on NBC and the NBC Sports Network.
The full NBC network will carry the Loveland-Fort Collins stage at 12:30 p.m. Saturday. NBC Sports will follow with coverage at 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
On Sunday, the Denver Circuit Race will be on NBC Sports at noon and on NBC at 2 p.m.
NBC will live stream to PCs, mobile devices andf tablets through NBC Sports Live Extra.
Additional live online coverage of the USA Pro Challenge is available with the TourTracker app.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn to finally start her injury-delayed ski season in Cortina
- Mikaela Shiffrin finally conquers elusive giant slalom in Italy for 53rd career win
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Aspen School District, HR director part ways
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis