Try Hockey for Free Day set for Saturday in Aspen
November 6, 2014
Try Hockey For Free Day is coming to Aspen on Saturday.
The hockey promotion sponsored by Aspen Junior Hockey will be held at the Lewis Ice Arena at the Aspen Recreation Center (ARC). Aspen Junior Hockey invites boys and girls to the Lewis Ice Arena for the free Try Hockey for Free clinic, which is part of a bigger Come Play Hockey Month.
The program will start at 1:30 p.m.
Ages 4-9 are invited to experience ice hockey for the first time and learn the basic skills in a fun, safe environment.
Equipment is available for use including free skate rental.
Aspen Junior Hockey also is providing complimentary pizza, refreshments and T-shirts for all participants.
Recommended Stories For You
"We look forward to welcoming families to try our great sport of ice hockey," said Shaun Hathaway, director of Aspen Junior Hockey. "Our goal is for these families to enjoy watching their kids learn new skills with big smiles on their faces."
USA Hockey's Try Hockey For Free program is designed to provide youth hockey associations a national platform to introduce new kids to the sport.
USA Hockey has 500 locations offering this opportunity to kids nationwide.
To register for Try Hockey For Free in Aspen, please visit http://www.TryHockey ForFree.com.
For more information, contact Hathaway at email@example.com.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- All involved show that Run Rabbit Run ultra race is bigger than themselves
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border