The Goldenleaf Half Marathon celebrates 25th anniversary
September 19, 2003
The oldest footrace in the Roaring Fork Valley celebrates its silver anniversary this weekend with the 25th running of the Ute Mountain Goldenleaf Half Marathon Sunday, and the very first Goldenleaf mountain bike race Saturday.
Both races start at the Snowmass Village Mall – at 8:30 a.m. Saturday and Sunday – and follow the 13.1-mile Government Trail overland to Koch Park in Aspen.
The splendor of the route combined with well-timed fall foliage (once again!) make the Goldenleaf one of Colorado’s classic footraces. Each year, 400 to 500 runners participate.
Registration for the run or the ride costs $30 in advance, or $50 for both events. Day-of-race registration costs $40. As always, all racers get T-shirts.
Proceeds from this year’s event benefits the Colorado Donor Alliance. Register at the Ute Mountaineer in Aspen or online at http://www.utemountaineer.com. For more information, call the Ute at 925-2849.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen icon ‘Benny the Blade’ found off bike path, hospitalized
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Ex-Aspen Valley Hospital nurse files federal complaint
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Glenn K. Beaton: When the shooting starts, would you go in?