Snowmass to open expert terrain Friday
December 5, 2013
After a storm dropped 14 inches of snow on Snowmass ski area on Tuesday and Wednesday, Aspen Skiing Co. is opening an additional 200 acres of expert terrain on the mountain.
The Alpine Springs and High Alpine chairlifts will start running today, providing access to runs in those areas as well as some terrain on the Hanging Valley Wall, according to Skico.
The ski season at Snowmass started Nov. 23 with more than 500 acres of terrain open. Buttermilk and Aspen Highlands will open Dec. 14.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- Aspen man charged in political official assault
- What’s the Big Deal: $6.8 million for luxury cabin outside of Aspen
- Monday Business Briefs: Little Nell and Steakhouse No. 316 get props; Aspen estate bound for auction