Snowmass Club pro Doug Rohrbaugh misses cut at U.S. Senior Open
June 29, 2018
Snowmass Club golf pro Doug Rohrbaugh missed the U.S. Senior Open cut by two strokes Friday when he shot a second round score of 2-over 72 to finish the tournament at 10 over.
In Thursday's first round at the Broadmoor East Course in Colorado Springs, Rohrbaugh shot an 8-over 78 after struggling on the back nine.
Friday, he sat 3 over after seven holes before a birdie on hole No. 8 was followed by an eagle on No. 9 to get him back into contention. He had another birdie on hole No. 13 but went bogey, par, bogey, bogey, par to finish out the back nine.
Rohrbaugh was playing in the U.S. Senior Open for the fourth time, having twice previously missed the cut by a single stroke. He did finish this year's tournament ahead of some big names, including Tom Kite, Fred Funk and Hale Irwin. Hall of fame pitcher John Smoltz also missed the cut, shooting 85-77 over the two days to finish at 22 over.
Jerry Kelly, who entered the day atop the leaderboard after his first-round 66, shot a 1-under 69 on Friday and continues to hold a one shot lead over Miguel Angel Jimenez entering the weekend.
For complete scoring, go to http://www.usga.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River