Snowmass Club pro Doug Rohrbaugh misses cut at U.S. Senior Open
June 29, 2018
Snowmass Club golf pro Doug Rohrbaugh missed the U.S. Senior Open cut by two strokes Friday when he shot a second round score of 2-over 72 to finish the tournament at 10 over.
In Thursday's first round at the Broadmoor East Course in Colorado Springs, Rohrbaugh shot an 8-over 78 after struggling on the back nine.
Friday, he sat 3 over after seven holes before a birdie on hole No. 8 was followed by an eagle on No. 9 to get him back into contention. He had another birdie on hole No. 13 but went bogey, par, bogey, bogey, par to finish out the back nine.
Rohrbaugh was playing in the U.S. Senior Open for the fourth time, having twice previously missed the cut by a single stroke. He did finish this year's tournament ahead of some big names, including Tom Kite, Fred Funk and Hale Irwin. Hall of fame pitcher John Smoltz also missed the cut, shooting 85-77 over the two days to finish at 22 over.
Jerry Kelly, who entered the day atop the leaderboard after his first-round 66, shot a 1-under 69 on Friday and continues to hold a one shot lead over Miguel Angel Jimenez entering the weekend.
For complete scoring, go to http://www.usga.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen hosting Ski Town Rugby Tournament Saturday at Wagner
- Aspen swimmers win their sixth straight WSL championship, head to state
- Colbert: The mystery that is cycling
- Winter Park man documents, coaches Afghanistan female ultra-runners
- Aspen Leafs hockey to host Mexican national teams during Fall Faceoff
- Lake Christine Fire grows nearly 800 acres, type 2 incident management team returning
- UPDATE: Two teens dead after single-car accident near Redstone, 14-year-old airlifted to Denver
- Lake Christine Fire belches smoke plume, rattles nerves on hot day
- Car break-ins along Independence Pass lead to Aspen North Face fight, felonies