Skiers spikers fall to Titans
September 19, 2007
Aspen’s girls volleyball team lost three straight games Tuesday night to Coal Ridge to drop to 0-7 overall and 0-2 in the 3A Western Slope.
After a frustrating home loss to Basalt on Friday night, first-year Skiers coach Jen Schrock was much more pleased with her team’s performance against the Titans.
“We played much better as a team,” Schrock said of the 23-25, 15-25 and 12-25 loss. “No more attitudes and we’re meshing very well. I think it’s a good new beginning. We’re going to start from here and just improve on our attitudes and improve on the play of our game. The score I don’t think justifes how we played as a team. We’re just making little mistakes that I think we can fix.”
The Skiers next play Friday at Cedaredge.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area