Skiers spikers fall to Titans
September 19, 2007
Aspen’s girls volleyball team lost three straight games Tuesday night to Coal Ridge to drop to 0-7 overall and 0-2 in the 3A Western Slope.
After a frustrating home loss to Basalt on Friday night, first-year Skiers coach Jen Schrock was much more pleased with her team’s performance against the Titans.
“We played much better as a team,” Schrock said of the 23-25, 15-25 and 12-25 loss. “No more attitudes and we’re meshing very well. I think it’s a good new beginning. We’re going to start from here and just improve on our attitudes and improve on the play of our game. The score I don’t think justifes how we played as a team. We’re just making little mistakes that I think we can fix.”
The Skiers next play Friday at Cedaredge.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- All involved show that Run Rabbit Run ultra race is bigger than themselves
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border