Skiers spikers fall to Titans
September 19, 2007
Aspen’s girls volleyball team lost three straight games Tuesday night to Coal Ridge to drop to 0-7 overall and 0-2 in the 3A Western Slope.
After a frustrating home loss to Basalt on Friday night, first-year Skiers coach Jen Schrock was much more pleased with her team’s performance against the Titans.
“We played much better as a team,” Schrock said of the 23-25, 15-25 and 12-25 loss. “No more attitudes and we’re meshing very well. I think it’s a good new beginning. We’re going to start from here and just improve on our attitudes and improve on the play of our game. The score I don’t think justifes how we played as a team. We’re just making little mistakes that I think we can fix.”
The Skiers next play Friday at Cedaredge.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Lindsey Vonn to finally start her injury-delayed ski season in Cortina
- Shiffrin scales back schedule to avoid more fatigue, to skip upcoming downhills
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7