Ski Hall of Fame class to be announced in Aspen on Friday
October 22, 2015
The newest U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame inductees will be announced Friday in Aspen.
The Class of 2015 for the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame will be released at a special reception from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Friday at the Limelight Hotel in downtown Aspen.
The public is invited. Admission is free. There is a $20 suggested donation which goes to the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame.
Two recent Hall of Fame inductees from Aspen will introduce the newest inductees Friday afternoon at the Limelight.
Chris Davenport and John Clendenin of Aspen will reveal the results of the national voting panel that selects the newest inductees.
Trend-setting backcountry skier Davenport received his induction notice one year ago. He will share stories from his diverse and varied career tonight as will Clendenin, a pioneer in ski instruction who was inducted the previous year.
Recommended Stories For You
A silent auction fundraiser also will be held to support the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Stirling Cup returns with 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team
- Update: Service being restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’