Ski Hall of Fame class to be announced in Aspen on Friday
October 22, 2015
The newest U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame inductees will be announced Friday in Aspen.
The Class of 2015 for the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame will be released at a special reception from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Friday at the Limelight Hotel in downtown Aspen.
The public is invited. Admission is free. There is a $20 suggested donation which goes to the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame.
Two recent Hall of Fame inductees from Aspen will introduce the newest inductees Friday afternoon at the Limelight.
Chris Davenport and John Clendenin of Aspen will reveal the results of the national voting panel that selects the newest inductees.
Trend-setting backcountry skier Davenport received his induction notice one year ago. He will share stories from his diverse and varied career tonight as will Clendenin, a pioneer in ski instruction who was inducted the previous year.
Recommended Stories For You
A silent auction fundraiser also will be held to support the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- X Games returns to Aspen this week with new medals, new snowboarding event
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Cortina super-G, her third win in discipline this season
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- ‘Time to listen to my body’: Lindsey Vonn may be in too much pain to continue on
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche