Roaring Fork’s Joiner leads 4A State Golf Championship
October 3, 2005
Adam Joiner of Roaring Fork shot a 3-under-par 67 to take a three stroke lead Monday at the Colorado 4A State Golf Championship at the par-70, 6,489-yard Wellshire Golf Course.
Greeley Central lead in team scoring with 219, ahead of Pueblo West’s 221 and Kent Denver’s 224. Defending state champion Cheyenne Mountain was in fifth place.
Paul Berry was in second place at even-par 70 as 45 others finished under 80.
Aspen’s Teddy Karlinski and Nick Umholtz of Greeley Center were tied at third with a 1-over-par 71, while Pueblo Centennial’s Jeremy Trujillo and Pueblo West’s Dane Rice remained within striking distance with a round at 2-over-par.The second round will be played today.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain