Roaring Fork’s Joiner leads 4A State Golf Championship
October 3, 2005
Adam Joiner of Roaring Fork shot a 3-under-par 67 to take a three stroke lead Monday at the Colorado 4A State Golf Championship at the par-70, 6,489-yard Wellshire Golf Course.
Greeley Central lead in team scoring with 219, ahead of Pueblo West’s 221 and Kent Denver’s 224. Defending state champion Cheyenne Mountain was in fifth place.
Paul Berry was in second place at even-par 70 as 45 others finished under 80.
Aspen’s Teddy Karlinski and Nick Umholtz of Greeley Center were tied at third with a 1-over-par 71, while Pueblo Centennial’s Jeremy Trujillo and Pueblo West’s Dane Rice remained within striking distance with a round at 2-over-par.The second round will be played today.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Lindsey Vonn to finally start her injury-delayed ski season in Cortina
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow