Roaring Fork’s Joiner leads 4A State Golf Championship
October 3, 2005
Adam Joiner of Roaring Fork shot a 3-under-par 67 to take a three stroke lead Monday at the Colorado 4A State Golf Championship at the par-70, 6,489-yard Wellshire Golf Course.
Greeley Central lead in team scoring with 219, ahead of Pueblo West’s 221 and Kent Denver’s 224. Defending state champion Cheyenne Mountain was in fifth place.
Paul Berry was in second place at even-par 70 as 45 others finished under 80.
Aspen’s Teddy Karlinski and Nick Umholtz of Greeley Center were tied at third with a 1-over-par 71, while Pueblo Centennial’s Jeremy Trujillo and Pueblo West’s Dane Rice remained within striking distance with a round at 2-over-par.The second round will be played today.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen football wraps up non-league play at Grand Valley, BHS at Paonia
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- Colbert: What a wacky Monday
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility