Preps Oct. 23: Aspen, Basalt volleyball teams both fall Tuesday on the road
October 23, 2018
Aspen volleyball falls in five sets at Cedaredge
The Aspen High School volleyball team lost in five sets to host Cedaredge on Tuesday night. The match was effectively for second place in the Class 3A Western Slope League, which is led by Coal Ridge.
The loss dropped the Skiers to 15-6 overall and 6-2 in WSL play. The Bruins improved to 17-2 and 8-1 in WSL play.
Aspen has two games remaining in its regular season, both at home. AHS will first host Roaring Fork on Thursday in a non-league game before hosting Moffat County on Saturday in its final WSL contest. Regional brackets are expected out Monday.
Basalt volleyball falls in three at Lake County
The Basalt High School volleyball team lost in three to host Lake County on Tuesday in Leadville. Set scores were 25-12, 25-15, 25-21.
Recommended Stories For You
Basalt, now 5-14 overall, will close out its regular season Saturday at a tournament hosted by Bennett.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Business Monday: Tomcich has no reservations about career change