Preps Oct. 23: Aspen, Basalt volleyball teams both fall Tuesday on the road
October 23, 2018
Aspen volleyball falls in five sets at Cedaredge
The Aspen High School volleyball team lost in five sets to host Cedaredge on Tuesday night. The match was effectively for second place in the Class 3A Western Slope League, which is led by Coal Ridge.
The loss dropped the Skiers to 15-6 overall and 6-2 in WSL play. The Bruins improved to 17-2 and 8-1 in WSL play.
Aspen has two games remaining in its regular season, both at home. AHS will first host Roaring Fork on Thursday in a non-league game before hosting Moffat County on Saturday in its final WSL contest. Regional brackets are expected out Monday.
Basalt volleyball falls in three at Lake County
The Basalt High School volleyball team lost in three to host Lake County on Tuesday in Leadville. Set scores were 25-12, 25-15, 25-21.
Recommended Stories For You
Basalt, now 5-14 overall, will close out its regular season Saturday at a tournament hosted by Bennett.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch