Prep wrap-up from Sept. 30: Aspen boys soccer beats Moffat County
September 30, 2017
The Aspen High School boys soccer team won its second game in a row Saturday with a 3-1 home victory over Moffat County. The Skiers received goals from Edgar Ortiz, Nico Barlozzini and Nate Carricarte. AHS (4-4-1 overall) heads to Grand Valley on Tuesday.
BHS soccer defeats Grand Valley
The Basalt High School boys soccer team played at Grand Valley on Saturday, winning 3-0. That makes two wins in a row for BHS after last week's 3-2 win at Moffat County. Basalt, now 4-5 overall, hosts Delta on Monday.
BHS volleyball sees win streak snapped
The Basalt High School volleyball team had its six-game win streak snapped Saturday with a 3-0 home loss to Cedaredge. Set scores were 25-8, 25-20 and 28-26. BHS, now 6-3 overall, next plays Thursday at Roaring Fork.
Basalt, Aspen softball struggle on the road
Recommended Stories For You
The Basalt High School softball team traveled to the Front Range Saturday, falling short in a pair of non-league games. BHS lost 6-4 to host Evergreen in the first contest, and then lost 9-8 to Faith Christian in the second. Basalt next plays Tuesday at Delta before hosting Rifle on Thursday in its final home game. The Aspen High School softball team lost 17-2 at Montezuma-Cortez on Saturday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Colbert: What a wacky Monday
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says