Prep wrap-up from Sept. 30: Aspen boys soccer beats Moffat County
September 30, 2017
The Aspen High School boys soccer team won its second game in a row Saturday with a 3-1 home victory over Moffat County. The Skiers received goals from Edgar Ortiz, Nico Barlozzini and Nate Carricarte. AHS (4-4-1 overall) heads to Grand Valley on Tuesday.
BHS soccer defeats Grand Valley
The Basalt High School boys soccer team played at Grand Valley on Saturday, winning 3-0. That makes two wins in a row for BHS after last week's 3-2 win at Moffat County. Basalt, now 4-5 overall, hosts Delta on Monday.
BHS volleyball sees win streak snapped
The Basalt High School volleyball team had its six-game win streak snapped Saturday with a 3-0 home loss to Cedaredge. Set scores were 25-8, 25-20 and 28-26. BHS, now 6-3 overall, next plays Thursday at Roaring Fork.
Basalt, Aspen softball struggle on the road
Recommended Stories For You
The Basalt High School softball team traveled to the Front Range Saturday, falling short in a pair of non-league games. BHS lost 6-4 to host Evergreen in the first contest, and then lost 9-8 to Faith Christian in the second. Basalt next plays Tuesday at Delta before hosting Rifle on Thursday in its final home game. The Aspen High School softball team lost 17-2 at Montezuma-Cortez on Saturday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case