Prep wrap from Tuesday, Oct. 10: Aspen soccer rolls to win over CRMS
October 10, 2017
The Aspen High School boys soccer team rolled to a 4-0 win Tuesday at Colorado Rocky Mountain School in Carbondale. The Skiers improved to 6-4-2 on the season and extended their non-losing streak to six games (four wins, two ties).
Next up is a crucial home league game Saturday against Coal Ridge (8-2-1, 3-1 WSL). At 4-0-2 in the 3A Western Slope League, AHS remains a slight step ahead of the Titans and Roaring Fork in the league standings. Class 3A No. 6 Delta, whose only non-win in league play was a tie against the Skiers on Saturday, is holding down the top spot, if barely.
Coal Ridge plays at Basalt High School (5-7, 3-2) at 4 p.m. today.
Basalt volleyball falls to Delta with Coal Ridge next
The Basalt High School volleyball team lost 3-1 at home against Delta on Tuesday. Set scores were 25-15, 25-18, 22-25, 25-16.
BHS (8-7 overall) will host undefeated league leader and Class 3A No. 8 Coal Ridge on Thursday. Delta and Cedaredge remain right behind the Titans in the WSL with a league loss each.
Recommended Stories For You
The Aspen High School volleyball team played at Rifle Tuesday night, winning 3-0. AHS plays at Cedaredge Saturday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River