Prep wrap from Tuesday, Oct. 10: Aspen soccer rolls to win over CRMS
October 10, 2017
The Aspen High School boys soccer team rolled to a 4-0 win Tuesday at Colorado Rocky Mountain School in Carbondale. The Skiers improved to 6-4-2 on the season and extended their non-losing streak to six games (four wins, two ties).
Next up is a crucial home league game Saturday against Coal Ridge (8-2-1, 3-1 WSL). At 4-0-2 in the 3A Western Slope League, AHS remains a slight step ahead of the Titans and Roaring Fork in the league standings. Class 3A No. 6 Delta, whose only non-win in league play was a tie against the Skiers on Saturday, is holding down the top spot, if barely.
Coal Ridge plays at Basalt High School (5-7, 3-2) at 4 p.m. today.
Basalt volleyball falls to Delta with Coal Ridge next
The Basalt High School volleyball team lost 3-1 at home against Delta on Tuesday. Set scores were 25-15, 25-18, 22-25, 25-16.
BHS (8-7 overall) will host undefeated league leader and Class 3A No. 8 Coal Ridge on Thursday. Delta and Cedaredge remain right behind the Titans in the WSL with a league loss each.
Recommended Stories For You
The Aspen High School volleyball team played at Rifle Tuesday night, winning 3-0. AHS plays at Cedaredge Saturday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- What’s the Big Deal: $6.8 million for luxury cabin outside of Aspen
- Aspen man charged in political official assault
- Monday Business Briefs: Little Nell and Steakhouse No. 316 get props; Aspen estate bound for auction