Prep wrap from Tuesday, Oct. 10: Aspen soccer rolls to win over CRMS
October 10, 2017
The Aspen High School boys soccer team rolled to a 4-0 win Tuesday at Colorado Rocky Mountain School in Carbondale. The Skiers improved to 6-4-2 on the season and extended their non-losing streak to six games (four wins, two ties).
Next up is a crucial home league game Saturday against Coal Ridge (8-2-1, 3-1 WSL). At 4-0-2 in the 3A Western Slope League, AHS remains a slight step ahead of the Titans and Roaring Fork in the league standings. Class 3A No. 6 Delta, whose only non-win in league play was a tie against the Skiers on Saturday, is holding down the top spot, if barely.
Coal Ridge plays at Basalt High School (5-7, 3-2) at 4 p.m. today.
Basalt volleyball falls to Delta with Coal Ridge next
The Basalt High School volleyball team lost 3-1 at home against Delta on Tuesday. Set scores were 25-15, 25-18, 22-25, 25-16.
BHS (8-7 overall) will host undefeated league leader and Class 3A No. 8 Coal Ridge on Thursday. Delta and Cedaredge remain right behind the Titans in the WSL with a league loss each.
Recommended Stories For You
The Aspen High School volleyball team played at Rifle Tuesday night, winning 3-0. AHS plays at Cedaredge Saturday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Briefs: Basalt softball splits with Rifle, awaits Delta in key league games
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman