Prep wrap from Sept. 21: Basalt volleyball beats Lake County, wins third straight
September 21, 2017
The Basalt High School volleyball team won its third straight match on Thursday, sweeping through host Lake County. Set scores were 25-23, 25-18, 25-23.
After back-to-back 3-1 losses to Aspen and Gunnison, the Longhorns have swept Roaring Fork, Rifle and now the Panthers to reach 3-2 on the season. BHS is next scheduled to play at Moffat County in a Saturday doubleheader.
Aspen High boys tennis beats Grand Junction
The Aspen High School boys tennis team improved to 7-0 in dual play with a 4-3 win at Grand Junction on Thursday. Dillon Leasure won 6-2, 6-2 at No. 1 singles for AHS, while Alex Ilic won 6-3, 6-3 at No. 2 singles. Aspen's Gabriel Suarez lost an intense 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 match at No. 3 singles.
The teams split the doubles matches. Aspen's No. 1 duo of Jonah Kelley and David Zalinksi won 6-2, 4-6, 7-5, while the No. 2 team of George Ghali and Liam Sunkel won 7-6, 6-1.
Aspen next travels to Vail on Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Aspen boys soccer falls at Middle Park
The Aspen High School boys soccer team fell to 2-4 overall with a 3-1 loss at Middle Park on Thursday.
The Skiers are next scheduled to play at Vail Mountain on Saturday.
Aspen softball swept by Gunnison
The Aspen High School softball team fell to 0-6 on the season with 25-4 and 29-6 losses at Gunnison on Thursday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Lindsey Vonn to finally start her injury-delayed ski season in Cortina
- With braces on both knees, Lindsey Vonn struggles in first race of season
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow