Prep wrap from Oct. 14: BHS softball season ends, AHS volleyball wins
October 14, 2017
The Basalt High School softball team saw its season come to a close on Saturday with a 14-5 loss to Fort Lupton in their Class 3A Region 2 matchup, hosted by Eaton High School. BHS finishes the season 11-9 overall.
Eaton, the No. 2 seed among the 24 regional qualifiers, beat No. 18 seed Fort Lupton 18-3 in four innings for the regional title. Basalt was the No. 15 seed.
Both Eaton and Fort Lupton will advance to next week's state tournament in Aurora. According to The Greeley Tribune, this is Fort Lupton's first state tournament berth in program history.
Aspen volleyball fights off Cedaredge for a key 3-1 win
The Aspen High School volleyball team earned a 3-1 win at Cedaredge (11-8) on Saturday. Set scores were 25-17, 30-32, 25-23 and 25-17. Aspen improves to 10-4 overall and next will host Basalt on Thursday before hosting Olathe on Saturday. The Skiers finish the regular season at a tournament in Manitou Springs on Oct. 28.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Explosive Platte Valley too much for Basalt football in 2A quarterfinals
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million