Prep results from Saturday, Dec. 9: Aspen High School hockey gets first win
December 9, 2017
The Aspen High School hockey team won 9-2 at Cheyenne Mountain on Saturday to improve to 1-1 on the season. The Skiers will host Battle Mountain at 6:15 p.m. on Tuesday in their home opener at Lewis Ice Arena.
Aspen basketball falls to Meeker on Saturday
The Aspen High School boys basketball team lost 63-42 to Meeker on Saturday to conclude play at the Cowboy Shootout, hosted by Meeker. The Skiers also lost 63-46 to Rangely on Friday after beating Soroco 50-33 on Thursday to end the tournament 1-2 overall. Aspen will next host Roaring Fork on Tuesday night in its home opener.
Basalt boys basketball falls to Vail Christian on Saturday
The Basalt High School boys basketball team lost 65-57 Saturday at Vail Christian. The Longhorns trailed by eight points at halftime before battling back to take the lead, but had two key players foul out early in the fourth quarter. Basalt next plays on Friday at the "Rumble in the Jungle" hosted by Montezuma-Cortez.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Stirling Cup returns with 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall