September 17, 2013
Boys soccer: Basalt rebounds with big win
The Basalt boys soccer team rebounded from a frustrating loss to Colorado Rocky Mountain School with a dominating 12-0 win at Grand Valley on Tuesday.
"It was a good way to come out after the loss," Basalt head coach Brent Hayes said.
"We had a good week of practice, and we went out and got our first league win," he said after the Longhorns improved to 4-2-0 overall, 1-1-0 in conference.
He said the win represented a team effort.
"I was happy to see us play more unselfishly," he said.
Recommended Stories For You
The Longhorns will play at Aspen at 4 p.m. Thursday.
Volleyball: Rams sweep Skiers, 3-0
The Roaring Fork High School volleyball team swept the Aspen Skiers, 3-0, on Tuesday night in Carbondale.
The Rams won 25-12, 25-23, 26-24.
They are 4-5 overall, 2-2 in the Western Slope League.
Aspen is 5-4 overall, 2-1 in conference.
The Skiers are scheduled to host Coal Ridge at 6:30 p.m.Thursday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Stirling Cup returns with 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall