Prep: Basalt girls soccer, Aspen boys lacrosse both winners Tuesday
April 4, 2017
The Basalt High School girls soccer team hosted Moffat County on Tuesday, winning 10-0 for its third straight win after an 0-2 start to the season.
The Longhorns (3-2) scored nine goals in the first half to defeat the 1-5 Bulldogs. BHS is next scheduled to host Rangely at 4:30 p.m. on Friday.
Rangely hosted the Aspen High School girls soccer team Tuesday, the Skiers winning 10-0. AHS is 3-3 and will host Coal Ridge Thursday.
The Basalt baseball team was scheduled to host a doubleheader with Rangely on Tuesday, but weather forced the games to be postponed to Wednesday. Game times are 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., according to the school’s Facebook page.
The Aspen boys lacrosse team won 7-4 Tuesday at Fruita Monument. The win improves the Skiers record to 4-2 overall and 3-0 in league play. AHS will host Ponderosa in a non-league game at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- Colbert: What a wacky Monday
- Aspen man, 78, finally completes the Continental Divide Trail after 35 years
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Pitkin County to prompt valley-wide recycling changes, looking to end drop-off sites
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility