Prep: Basalt girls soccer, Aspen boys lacrosse both winners Tuesday
April 4, 2017
The Basalt High School girls soccer team hosted Moffat County on Tuesday, winning 10-0 for its third straight win after an 0-2 start to the season.
The Longhorns (3-2) scored nine goals in the first half to defeat the 1-5 Bulldogs. BHS is next scheduled to host Rangely at 4:30 p.m. on Friday.
Rangely hosted the Aspen High School girls soccer team Tuesday, the Skiers winning 10-0. AHS is 3-3 and will host Coal Ridge Thursday.
The Basalt baseball team was scheduled to host a doubleheader with Rangely on Tuesday, but weather forced the games to be postponed to Wednesday. Game times are 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., according to the school’s Facebook page.
The Aspen boys lacrosse team won 7-4 Tuesday at Fruita Monument. The win improves the Skiers record to 4-2 overall and 3-0 in league play. AHS will host Ponderosa in a non-league game at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Tenants above fitness studio file lawsuit over noise
- City of Aspen warns motorists of major delays over bridge beginning April 2
- Aspen Skiing Co. says extended skiing is unlikely this season
- Pitkin County’s jail director now free as a bird after 27 years
- Copper Mountain launches REI ‘Four Pack’ ski option for 2018-19 season