Prep: Basalt girls soccer, Aspen boys lacrosse both winners Tuesday
April 4, 2017
The Basalt High School girls soccer team hosted Moffat County on Tuesday, winning 10-0 for its third straight win after an 0-2 start to the season.
The Longhorns (3-2) scored nine goals in the first half to defeat the 1-5 Bulldogs. BHS is next scheduled to host Rangely at 4:30 p.m. on Friday.
Rangely hosted the Aspen High School girls soccer team Tuesday, the Skiers winning 10-0. AHS is 3-3 and will host Coal Ridge Thursday.
The Basalt baseball team was scheduled to host a doubleheader with Rangely on Tuesday, but weather forced the games to be postponed to Wednesday. Game times are 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., according to the school’s Facebook page.
The Aspen boys lacrosse team won 7-4 Tuesday at Fruita Monument. The win improves the Skiers record to 4-2 overall and 3-0 in league play. AHS will host Ponderosa in a non-league game at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Double-double duo takes Strawberry Shortcut titles in Glenwood Springs
- American ski legend Bode Miller’s 19-month-old daughter drowns in pool
- Michael Barlow, Maggie Callahan take Food & Wine 5K titles on Friday
- Aspen rugby to host Steamboat on Saturday to open summer season
- Aspen High swimmer Emily Driscoll headed to Cali’s Occidental College
- YouTube videos of internet celeb Jake Paul at Starwood home spark lawsuit in Aspen
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Aspen rafting company after 2016 fatal trip
- Mark Hunt buys Aspen commercial building for $15 million
- Pitkin County wants deep dive on environmental consequences of Aspen Mtn ski area expansion
- Rain could douse Colorado fire but cause flash flooding