Parsons claims snowmobile freestyle gold
January 25, 2009
ASPEN ” Joe Parsons claimed gold in Sunday’s snowmobile freestyle competition ” his second title at Winter X Games 13 in Aspen.
“Definitely mission accomplished,” said Parsons, who also took gold in snowmobile speed and style. “My team worked super hard this year and this is what you want as your reward.”
His winning run included a no-handed back flip, a super flip, a superman to a double heel kick, an indy air back flip on the 100-foot ramp, and a Frisby air.
“I knew it was possible,” Parsons said of his double-gold performance, “but to actually do it seems unattainable ” especially given the competition.”
Parsons knocked off Heath Frisby, who took bronze, to advance to the finals and then defeated Justin Hoyer in the finals, 93.66 to 82.00.
“It feels great to get silver,” Hoyer said. “I would have liked to have done better, especially after winning the elimination. But honestly I am just happy to be on the podium.”
Recommended Stories For You
1. Joe Parsons / Yakima, Wash. / 93.66
2. Justin Hoyer / Ellsworth, Wis. / 82.00
3. Heath Frisby / Bellevue, Idaho / 90.66
4. Daniel Bodin / Malung, Sweden / 88.00
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen hosting Ski Town Rugby Tournament July 21 at Wagner
- Aspen Leafs hockey to host Mexican national teams during Fall Faceoff
- Briefs: Trashmasters winners, Vail rugby takes Ski Town tourney title
- Aspen swimmers win their sixth straight WSL championship, head to state
- Colbert: The mystery that is cycling
- Two men drowned at Ruedi Reservoir after accident Saturday afternoon
- Lake Christine Fire crews work most active section; update has fire at nearly 9,700 acres
- Men who drowned at Ruedi Reservoir identified as valley locals John Teague and Bret Varra
- Lake Christine Fire at 11,459 acres by Sunday morning after burning through beetle-kill areas
- UPDATE: Two teens dead after single-car accident near Redstone, 14-year-old airlifted to Denver