Packet pick up, bus loading location changed for Basalt Half Marathon
August 17, 2017
Due to the construction at Basalt Middle School, there have been a couple of changes to Saturday's Basalt Half Marathon. Race day sign up, packet pick up and bus loading will now take place at Lion's Park in Basalt, and not the middle school.
Registration will be held from 6:15 to 7 a.m. on Saturday. Cost is $80, with the proceeds benefitting the Basalt High School cross country program.
The bus leaves at 7 a.m. sharp to make the 7:45 a.m. race start near the base of the Ruedi Dam.
Most of the course takes place on the paved Frying Pan Road with a finish at Lion's Park. There are three aid stations along the course.
For more, visit http://www.basalthalfmarathon.com.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Colbert: What a wacky Monday
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says