Packet pick up, bus loading location changed for Basalt Half Marathon
August 17, 2017
Due to the construction at Basalt Middle School, there have been a couple of changes to Saturday's Basalt Half Marathon. Race day sign up, packet pick up and bus loading will now take place at Lion's Park in Basalt, and not the middle school.
Registration will be held from 6:15 to 7 a.m. on Saturday. Cost is $80, with the proceeds benefitting the Basalt High School cross country program.
The bus leaves at 7 a.m. sharp to make the 7:45 a.m. race start near the base of the Ruedi Dam.
Most of the course takes place on the paved Frying Pan Road with a finish at Lion's Park. There are three aid stations along the course.
For more, visit http://www.basalthalfmarathon.com.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Cortina super-G, her third win in discipline this season
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday