On the Hill: Still extremely cold
December 18, 2013
Aspen official report: 1 inch new snow overnight
Aspen Times field report: There’s only a slight layer of new dust on the slopes, but it’s light and fluffy and fun to glide over. The reconsolidated snow is still riding well and there is no one on the mountain!
Liftline status: No liftlines this morning.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: Still extremely cold. Temperatures at the top this morning were 15 below zero to begin the day so remember to dress warmly and cover all exposed skin to avoid frostbite. It is the last few days of the Siberian cold front that is sitting on us and with clearing skies the temperatures will continue to be cold until at least tomorrow evening into Wednesday. Stay warm!
Snowcast: A trace of snow may fall intermittently throughout the week but no significant snowfall expected.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River