On the Hill: Still extremely cold
December 18, 2013
Aspen official report: 1 inch new snow overnight
Aspen Times field report: There’s only a slight layer of new dust on the slopes, but it’s light and fluffy and fun to glide over. The reconsolidated snow is still riding well and there is no one on the mountain!
Liftline status: No liftlines this morning.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: Still extremely cold. Temperatures at the top this morning were 15 below zero to begin the day so remember to dress warmly and cover all exposed skin to avoid frostbite. It is the last few days of the Siberian cold front that is sitting on us and with clearing skies the temperatures will continue to be cold until at least tomorrow evening into Wednesday. Stay warm!
Snowcast: A trace of snow may fall intermittently throughout the week but no significant snowfall expected.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn to finally start her injury-delayed ski season in Cortina
- Mikaela Shiffrin finally conquers elusive giant slalom in Italy for 53rd career win
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Aspen School District, HR director part ways
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis