On the Hill: Still extremely cold
December 18, 2013
Aspen official report: 1 inch new snow overnight
Aspen Times field report: There’s only a slight layer of new dust on the slopes, but it’s light and fluffy and fun to glide over. The reconsolidated snow is still riding well and there is no one on the mountain!
Liftline status: No liftlines this morning.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: Still extremely cold. Temperatures at the top this morning were 15 below zero to begin the day so remember to dress warmly and cover all exposed skin to avoid frostbite. It is the last few days of the Siberian cold front that is sitting on us and with clearing skies the temperatures will continue to be cold until at least tomorrow evening into Wednesday. Stay warm!
Snowcast: A trace of snow may fall intermittently throughout the week but no significant snowfall expected.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west