MotherLode endures showers
August 30, 2013
A little wet weather and a little darkness hit the Aspen Motherlode Volleyball Classic on Thursday.
Still, the tournament managed to complete play in the Men's 45-over division and the Women's Masters 35-over. Kenny Lentin, of La Jolla, Calif., teamed with Tom Witt, of Scottsdale, Ariz., to win the men's 45 title. They defeated Brian Kennedy of Indianapolis and Dan Hamm, of Evergreen.
In the women's 35 final, Kris Bredehoft, of Englewood, and Pam Sorensen, of Broomfield, beat Carrie Wright, of Westlake Village, Calif., and Briana Peigler,of Marina del Ray, Calif.
Their championship match concluded in darkness.
Play will resume today at the sand courts at Willoughby Park and Koch Lumber Park. Play also will begin in the grass-court divisions.
Play will continue Saturday, Sunday and Monday in the 41st annual Aspen MotherLode Classic.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million