MotherLode endures showers
August 30, 2013
A little wet weather and a little darkness hit the Aspen Motherlode Volleyball Classic on Thursday.
Still, the tournament managed to complete play in the Men's 45-over division and the Women's Masters 35-over. Kenny Lentin, of La Jolla, Calif., teamed with Tom Witt, of Scottsdale, Ariz., to win the men's 45 title. They defeated Brian Kennedy of Indianapolis and Dan Hamm, of Evergreen.
In the women's 35 final, Kris Bredehoft, of Englewood, and Pam Sorensen, of Broomfield, beat Carrie Wright, of Westlake Village, Calif., and Briana Peigler,of Marina del Ray, Calif.
Their championship match concluded in darkness.
Play will resume today at the sand courts at Willoughby Park and Koch Lumber Park. Play also will begin in the grass-court divisions.
Play will continue Saturday, Sunday and Monday in the 41st annual Aspen MotherLode Classic.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- All involved show that Run Rabbit Run ultra race is bigger than themselves
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border