MotherLode endures showers
August 30, 2013
A little wet weather and a little darkness hit the Aspen Motherlode Volleyball Classic on Thursday.
Still, the tournament managed to complete play in the Men's 45-over division and the Women's Masters 35-over. Kenny Lentin, of La Jolla, Calif., teamed with Tom Witt, of Scottsdale, Ariz., to win the men's 45 title. They defeated Brian Kennedy of Indianapolis and Dan Hamm, of Evergreen.
In the women's 35 final, Kris Bredehoft, of Englewood, and Pam Sorensen, of Broomfield, beat Carrie Wright, of Westlake Village, Calif., and Briana Peigler,of Marina del Ray, Calif.
Their championship match concluded in darkness.
Play will resume today at the sand courts at Willoughby Park and Koch Lumber Park. Play also will begin in the grass-court divisions.
Play will continue Saturday, Sunday and Monday in the 41st annual Aspen MotherLode Classic.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- X Games returns to Aspen this week with new medals, new snowboarding event
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Cortina super-G, her third win in discipline this season
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- ‘Time to listen to my body’: Lindsey Vonn may be in too much pain to continue on
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche