Local runners excel in Gypsum
September 18, 2011
GYPSUM, Colo. – Five runners finished in the top six Saturday for the Aspen girls cross-country team, which ran away with the team title at the Eagle Valley Invitational at Gypsum Creek Golf Course.
Sophomore Ryley Sutton led the way for the Skiers, securing the individual win with a time of 21 minutes, 44.7 seconds. She had plenty of company; teammates Ellie Parker (21:56.3), Tayler Quist (21:58.9) and Lily Isaacson 22:01.4) finished second through fourth.
Emily Bonds, Megan Hanson and Hannah Dodge wound up sixth, 10th and 11th, respectively, for Aspen, which scored 10 points. Host Eagle Valley (29) wound up second and Basalt (66) third.
On the boys side, Basalt’s Giulio Del Piccolo (17:40.7) and Jacob Besser (18:11.2) finished 1-2, helping the Longhorns secure second place with 32 points.
The host Devils (25), who had four runners crack the top 10, picked up the victory. Aspen (35) was third.
Egbert Ospina led the Skiers in fourth place with a time of 18:12.8. Teammates Kellan Kremer (19:03.6) and Hudson McNamee (19:14.1) crossed the finish line in fifth and eighth, respectively.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit http://co.milesplit.com/meets/96098 for complete results.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Mountain lions acting aggressively in West Glenwood