Leafs win two of three against Rampage
November 13, 2016
The Aspen Leafs U20 hockey team took two of three games over the weekend against the Colorado Rampage in Monument.
The series began Friday with a 6-2 loss for the Leafs, a three-goal second period by the Rampage being the difference maker.
Aspen rebounded with a 4-3 win on Friday, all four of its goals coming in the second period. Charlie Van Allen had two of the goals to lead the team.
The Leafs won 4-3 again Sunday afternoon, going 4 for 5 on power plays. Viacheslev Goev led the team with two goals.
The two teams met to open the season, as well, Aspen winning both of those contests to improve its record to 4-1 against the Rampage this season.
Aspen continues to hold down the second-place spot in the five-team Rocky Mountain Junior Hockey League with an 8-5-1 overall record. In first is still the Pikes Peak Miners at 12-0.
Recommended Stories For You
The Leafs have two games remaining before they go on a short holiday break, both coming against the Miners on Friday and Saturday at Lewis Ice Arena in Aspen. The Miners are 3-0 against Aspen this season, sweeping a three-game series in Colorado Springs in mid-October.
Game times are 7 p.m. for both Friday and Saturday games in Aspen.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Colbert: What a wacky Monday
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Aspen on the Hill: Zombie people of the Rio Grande Trail
- Pitkin County to prompt valley-wide recycling changes, looking to end drop-off sites