Leafs win two of three against Rampage
November 13, 2016
The Aspen Leafs U20 hockey team took two of three games over the weekend against the Colorado Rampage in Monument.
The series began Friday with a 6-2 loss for the Leafs, a three-goal second period by the Rampage being the difference maker.
Aspen rebounded with a 4-3 win on Friday, all four of its goals coming in the second period. Charlie Van Allen had two of the goals to lead the team.
The Leafs won 4-3 again Sunday afternoon, going 4 for 5 on power plays. Viacheslev Goev led the team with two goals.
The two teams met to open the season, as well, Aspen winning both of those contests to improve its record to 4-1 against the Rampage this season.
Aspen continues to hold down the second-place spot in the five-team Rocky Mountain Junior Hockey League with an 8-5-1 overall record. In first is still the Pikes Peak Miners at 12-0.
Recommended Stories For You
The Leafs have two games remaining before they go on a short holiday break, both coming against the Miners on Friday and Saturday at Lewis Ice Arena in Aspen. The Miners are 3-0 against Aspen this season, sweeping a three-game series in Colorado Springs in mid-October.
Game times are 7 p.m. for both Friday and Saturday games in Aspen.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn to finally start her injury-delayed ski season in Cortina
- Mikaela Shiffrin finally conquers elusive giant slalom in Italy for 53rd career win
- Briefs Jan. 15: Aspen boys, girls basketball sweeps Vail Mountain