Leafs win two of three against Rampage
November 13, 2016
The Aspen Leafs U20 hockey team took two of three games over the weekend against the Colorado Rampage in Monument.
The series began Friday with a 6-2 loss for the Leafs, a three-goal second period by the Rampage being the difference maker.
Aspen rebounded with a 4-3 win on Friday, all four of its goals coming in the second period. Charlie Van Allen had two of the goals to lead the team.
The Leafs won 4-3 again Sunday afternoon, going 4 for 5 on power plays. Viacheslev Goev led the team with two goals.
The two teams met to open the season, as well, Aspen winning both of those contests to improve its record to 4-1 against the Rampage this season.
Aspen continues to hold down the second-place spot in the five-team Rocky Mountain Junior Hockey League with an 8-5-1 overall record. In first is still the Pikes Peak Miners at 12-0.
Recommended Stories For You
The Leafs have two games remaining before they go on a short holiday break, both coming against the Miners on Friday and Saturday at Lewis Ice Arena in Aspen. The Miners are 3-0 against Aspen this season, sweeping a three-game series in Colorado Springs in mid-October.
Game times are 7 p.m. for both Friday and Saturday games in Aspen.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases