Leafs to host Salt Lake City
December 5, 2013
It's hockey night in Aspen.
It's hockey weekend, actually.
The Aspen Leafs men's hockey team will host the Salt Lake City Golden Eagles at Lewis Ice Arena in a pair of full-check regulation hockey games tonight and Saturday.
The puck will drop at 8 p.m tonight and at 7 p.m. Saturday for the full-contact men's hockey league games.
Tickets for each game are $10 for adults and $5 for kids.
Admission includes a burger from Fat Belly Burgers and Crystal River Meats as well as access to a keg of beer.
Recommended Stories For You
The local Aspen Leafs team includes hockey players from Aspen to Glenwood Springs — a Roaring Fork Valley all-star hockey club.
The team plays in the Mountain West Hockey League, known as one of the top senior full-check leagues in the country.
Other teams in the league include Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Jackson Hole, Boulder and Park City, among others.
The Aspen Leafs opened the season with a pair of road losses at Vail last weekend.
This weekend will mark the home openers for Aspen.
Hockey fans are invited to the Lewis Ice Arena at the Aspen Recreation Center (ARC) tonight and Saturday night.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Aspen skier, 2018 Olympian Wiley Maple healthy, ready for World Cup season
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire