Leafs shut down by Miners on Friday
November 18, 2016
The undefeated Pikes Peak Miners once again flexed their muscles Friday, defeating the Aspen Leafs U20 hockey team at Lewis Ice Arena, 3-0.
Aspen had a slight edge after a scoreless first period, but was unable to sustain the effort through the remainder of the game. Pikes Peak goalie Erik Anderson was impenetrable, stopping all 42 Aspen shots.
Aspen (8-6-1) will get another chance to prove the Miners (14-0) are indeed human when the teams play again at 7 p.m. Saturday at Lewis Ice Arena. The Leafs will then be off until Dec. 2, when they face Steamboat in Glenwood Springs.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn to finally start her injury-delayed ski season in Cortina
- Mikaela Shiffrin finally conquers elusive giant slalom in Italy for 53rd career win
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Aspen School District, HR director part ways
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis