Leafs shut down by Miners on Friday
November 18, 2016
The undefeated Pikes Peak Miners once again flexed their muscles Friday, defeating the Aspen Leafs U20 hockey team at Lewis Ice Arena, 3-0.
Aspen had a slight edge after a scoreless first period, but was unable to sustain the effort through the remainder of the game. Pikes Peak goalie Erik Anderson was impenetrable, stopping all 42 Aspen shots.
Aspen (8-6-1) will get another chance to prove the Miners (14-0) are indeed human when the teams play again at 7 p.m. Saturday at Lewis Ice Arena. The Leafs will then be off until Dec. 2, when they face Steamboat in Glenwood Springs.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain