Girls basketball: Basalt beats Aspen 31-25
January 23, 2016
BASALT — Carsyn Knotts scored a game-high 19 points Saturday to lead the Basalt High School girls basketball team past Aspen 31-25.
Knotts scored seven points in the fourth quarter when the Longhorns eased away from a 22-22 tie.
Claire Boronski of the Skiers tied the game early in the fourth quarter with her jumper.
Knotts' layup pushed the Longhorns ahead. And Aspen's Cliara Sanchez tied the game at 24-all on a putback basket.
From there, Knotts drove for the go-ahead layup giving the Basalt girls a lead they would not relinquish.
Sanchez scored 14 points to lead the Skiers.
Recommended Stories For You
Boronski added four. Liza Vecciarello added three points for the AHS girls (1-9 overall, 0-5 in the Western Slope League).
Kaity Johnson scored five points and added eight rebounds for the Longhorns.
Basalt improved to 2-5 in league play, 2-7 overall.
The Basalt girls will host Cedaredge on Tuesday.
They will travel to Olathe on Friday before hosting Coal Ridge next Saturday.
The Aspen girls will play at Moffat County on Friday and at Roaring Fork next Saturday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Tenants above fitness studio file lawsuit over noise
- City of Aspen warns motorists of major delays over bridge beginning April 2
- Report: Driver killed on Highway 82 near Aspen probably using ‘electronic device’
- Aspen Skiing Co. says extended skiing is unlikely this season
- Pitkin County’s jail director now free as a bird after 27 years