Football: Aspen falls at Craig
October 23, 2015
The Aspen High School football team pressured league-leading Moffat County early in Friday night's game in Craig.
But the Bulldogs picked up momentum and secured a 46-11 victory over the visiting Skiers.
Moffat County, after leading only 13-11, scored the final 33 points of the Western Slope North League game in cold conditions in northwest Colorado.
Moffat County improved to 4-0 in conference, 6-2 overall.
Aspen, after undergoing a midseason coaching change, moved to 2-6 overall and 0-4 in the Western Slope North.
Aspen will host Basalt next week in the regular-season finale.
Recommended Stories For You
In other area football games Friday night, Glenwood Springs beat Summit 27-13 for the Demons' first win of the season;
Roaring Fork beat Coal Ridge 27-0;
Rifle shut out Steamboat Springs 41-0;
Gunnison beat Pagosa Springs 42-18;
Olathe beat Cortez 17-0;
Meeker beat Grand Valley 55-8;
Paonia stopped Hotchkiss 49-14.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- All involved show that Run Rabbit Run ultra race is bigger than themselves
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border