Football: Aspen falls at Craig
October 23, 2015
The Aspen High School football team pressured league-leading Moffat County early in Friday night's game in Craig.
But the Bulldogs picked up momentum and secured a 46-11 victory over the visiting Skiers.
Moffat County, after leading only 13-11, scored the final 33 points of the Western Slope North League game in cold conditions in northwest Colorado.
Moffat County improved to 4-0 in conference, 6-2 overall.
Aspen, after undergoing a midseason coaching change, moved to 2-6 overall and 0-4 in the Western Slope North.
Aspen will host Basalt next week in the regular-season finale.
Recommended Stories For You
In other area football games Friday night, Glenwood Springs beat Summit 27-13 for the Demons' first win of the season;
Roaring Fork beat Coal Ridge 27-0;
Rifle shut out Steamboat Springs 41-0;
Gunnison beat Pagosa Springs 42-18;
Olathe beat Cortez 17-0;
Meeker beat Grand Valley 55-8;
Paonia stopped Hotchkiss 49-14.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases