Football: Aspen falls at Craig
October 23, 2015
The Aspen High School football team pressured league-leading Moffat County early in Friday night's game in Craig.
But the Bulldogs picked up momentum and secured a 46-11 victory over the visiting Skiers.
Moffat County, after leading only 13-11, scored the final 33 points of the Western Slope North League game in cold conditions in northwest Colorado.
Moffat County improved to 4-0 in conference, 6-2 overall.
Aspen, after undergoing a midseason coaching change, moved to 2-6 overall and 0-4 in the Western Slope North.
Aspen will host Basalt next week in the regular-season finale.
Recommended Stories For You
In other area football games Friday night, Glenwood Springs beat Summit 27-13 for the Demons' first win of the season;
Roaring Fork beat Coal Ridge 27-0;
Rifle shut out Steamboat Springs 41-0;
Gunnison beat Pagosa Springs 42-18;
Olathe beat Cortez 17-0;
Meeker beat Grand Valley 55-8;
Paonia stopped Hotchkiss 49-14.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- X Games returns to Aspen this week with new medals, new snowboarding event
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Cortina super-G, her third win in discipline this season
- ‘Time to listen to my body’: Lindsey Vonn may be in too much pain to continue on
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Welcome to the craziness that is X Games week
- Mikaela Shiffrin shows she’s ready to take over from idol Lindsey Vonn
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche