Five Trees Run offers snowy test
November 15, 2014
The Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club offered a snowy test this year in the annual Five Trees Run.
With snow on the ground and heavy snow falling, the youngsters took the Five Trees test, starting near the Aspen Valley Ski Club facilities and climbing up Thunderbowl at Aspen Highlands. Results from the competition were announced by the AVSC.
In the Nordic division, Graham Houtsma and Nina Beidleman were the top finishers. Beidleman was a member of the Aspen High School state-qualifying cross country running team last fall..
Among the freestyle competitors, Charlie Campisi and Sonja Padden finished first in their respective divisions.
Jake Morgan and Hanna Mass led the alpine competitors.
Hunter Hill was the top snowboard runner.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)
- What’s the Big Deal: Snowmass condo sale nears $3.8 million