Five Trees Run offers snowy test
November 15, 2014
The Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club offered a snowy test this year in the annual Five Trees Run.
With snow on the ground and heavy snow falling, the youngsters took the Five Trees test, starting near the Aspen Valley Ski Club facilities and climbing up Thunderbowl at Aspen Highlands. Results from the competition were announced by the AVSC.
In the Nordic division, Graham Houtsma and Nina Beidleman were the top finishers. Beidleman was a member of the Aspen High School state-qualifying cross country running team last fall..
Among the freestyle competitors, Charlie Campisi and Sonja Padden finished first in their respective divisions.
Jake Morgan and Hanna Mass led the alpine competitors.
Hunter Hill was the top snowboard runner.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- All involved show that Run Rabbit Run ultra race is bigger than themselves
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border