Five Trees Run offers snowy test
November 15, 2014
The Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club offered a snowy test this year in the annual Five Trees Run.
With snow on the ground and heavy snow falling, the youngsters took the Five Trees test, starting near the Aspen Valley Ski Club facilities and climbing up Thunderbowl at Aspen Highlands. Results from the competition were announced by the AVSC.
In the Nordic division, Graham Houtsma and Nina Beidleman were the top finishers. Beidleman was a member of the Aspen High School state-qualifying cross country running team last fall..
Among the freestyle competitors, Charlie Campisi and Sonja Padden finished first in their respective divisions.
Jake Morgan and Hanna Mass led the alpine competitors.
Hunter Hill was the top snowboard runner.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- X Games returns to Aspen this week with new medals, new snowboarding event
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Cortina super-G, her third win in discipline this season
- ‘Time to listen to my body’: Lindsey Vonn may be in too much pain to continue on
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Welcome to the craziness that is X Games week
- Mikaela Shiffrin shows she’s ready to take over from idol Lindsey Vonn
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche