Fat Cycle Challenge added to Wintersköl
December 31, 2013
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year cyclists. Cycling season will be here sooner than you think — like next week.
Fat bikes are rolling into Wintersköl 2014.
The annual Wintersköl celebration in Aspen this year will feature fat-fat tire bikes with a challenge race and demos.
On Saturday, Jan. 11, the Fat Cycle Challenge will be held on the snow-packed trails of the Holden/Marolt Open Space featuring the big, fat tire bikes. There are categories for competitive and recreational riders.
The course is a .75-mile loop.
Recommended Stories For You
There will be demo rides available on a special demo course as part of the bike village at Wagner Park. That will run from noon to 4 p.m. on Jan. 11. A Fat Cycle Town Ride will start at 4 p.m. from the Limelight Hotel in downtown Aspen.
That's also the location of the Fat Cycle Awards Party from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Jan. 11.
The annual Wintersköl torchlight parade and fireworks will follow at 8 p.m. on Aspen Mountain.
For more information, visit acrawinterskol.webconnex.com or call Julie Hardman at 970-920-7146.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- All involved show that Run Rabbit Run ultra race is bigger than themselves
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border