Fat Cycle Challenge added to Wintersköl
December 31, 2013
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year cyclists. Cycling season will be here sooner than you think — like next week.
Fat bikes are rolling into Wintersköl 2014.
The annual Wintersköl celebration in Aspen this year will feature fat-fat tire bikes with a challenge race and demos.
On Saturday, Jan. 11, the Fat Cycle Challenge will be held on the snow-packed trails of the Holden/Marolt Open Space featuring the big, fat tire bikes. There are categories for competitive and recreational riders.
The course is a .75-mile loop.
Recommended Stories For You
There will be demo rides available on a special demo course as part of the bike village at Wagner Park. That will run from noon to 4 p.m. on Jan. 11. A Fat Cycle Town Ride will start at 4 p.m. from the Limelight Hotel in downtown Aspen.
That's also the location of the Fat Cycle Awards Party from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Jan. 11.
The annual Wintersköl torchlight parade and fireworks will follow at 8 p.m. on Aspen Mountain.
For more information, visit acrawinterskol.webconnex.com or call Julie Hardman at 970-920-7146.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Lindsey Vonn to finally start her injury-delayed ski season in Cortina
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday