Fat Cycle Challenge added to Wintersköl
December 31, 2013
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year cyclists. Cycling season will be here sooner than you think — like next week.
Fat bikes are rolling into Wintersköl 2014.
The annual Wintersköl celebration in Aspen this year will feature fat-fat tire bikes with a challenge race and demos.
On Saturday, Jan. 11, the Fat Cycle Challenge will be held on the snow-packed trails of the Holden/Marolt Open Space featuring the big, fat tire bikes. There are categories for competitive and recreational riders.
The course is a .75-mile loop.
Recommended Stories For You
There will be demo rides available on a special demo course as part of the bike village at Wagner Park. That will run from noon to 4 p.m. on Jan. 11. A Fat Cycle Town Ride will start at 4 p.m. from the Limelight Hotel in downtown Aspen.
That's also the location of the Fat Cycle Awards Party from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Jan. 11.
The annual Wintersköl torchlight parade and fireworks will follow at 8 p.m. on Aspen Mountain.
For more information, visit acrawinterskol.webconnex.com or call Julie Hardman at 970-920-7146.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Explosive Platte Valley too much for Basalt football in 2A quarterfinals
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items