Eight AVSC skiers named a USSA Rocky Mountain Division All-Star
October 16, 2017
Eight Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club athletes were named among the 50 recognized by the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association on Sunday in Silverthorne.
The collection of Colorado alpine and freestyle skiers make up this year's USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Stars, and receive a CSCUSA Colorado-All-Star Pass that provides them unlimited access to 22 Colorado Ski Country USA resorts for training.
"Congratulations to the new members of the All-Star team," said Colorado Ski Country USA President and CEO Melanie Mills in a news release. "We're thrilled to support the next generation of alpine and freestyle skiers as they train and compete across Colorado during this Olympic year."
The AVSC athletes recognized are Allyson Cornelius (alpine), Cooper Cornelius (alpine), Dexter Edelman (alpine), Sky Kelsey (alpine), Tristan Lane (alpine), Joey Lang (freestyle), Wiley Maple (alpine) and Oliver Smith (freestyle).
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday