Eight AVSC skiers named a USSA Rocky Mountain Division All-Star
October 16, 2017
Eight Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club athletes were named among the 50 recognized by the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association on Sunday in Silverthorne.
The collection of Colorado alpine and freestyle skiers make up this year's USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Stars, and receive a CSCUSA Colorado-All-Star Pass that provides them unlimited access to 22 Colorado Ski Country USA resorts for training.
"Congratulations to the new members of the All-Star team," said Colorado Ski Country USA President and CEO Melanie Mills in a news release. "We're thrilled to support the next generation of alpine and freestyle skiers as they train and compete across Colorado during this Olympic year."
The AVSC athletes recognized are Allyson Cornelius (alpine), Cooper Cornelius (alpine), Dexter Edelman (alpine), Sky Kelsey (alpine), Tristan Lane (alpine), Joey Lang (freestyle), Wiley Maple (alpine) and Oliver Smith (freestyle).
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Explosive Platte Valley too much for Basalt football in 2A quarterfinals
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million