Eight AVSC skiers named a USSA Rocky Mountain Division All-Star
October 16, 2017
Eight Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club athletes were named among the 50 recognized by the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association on Sunday in Silverthorne.
The collection of Colorado alpine and freestyle skiers make up this year's USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Stars, and receive a CSCUSA Colorado-All-Star Pass that provides them unlimited access to 22 Colorado Ski Country USA resorts for training.
"Congratulations to the new members of the All-Star team," said Colorado Ski Country USA President and CEO Melanie Mills in a news release. "We're thrilled to support the next generation of alpine and freestyle skiers as they train and compete across Colorado during this Olympic year."
The AVSC athletes recognized are Allyson Cornelius (alpine), Cooper Cornelius (alpine), Dexter Edelman (alpine), Sky Kelsey (alpine), Tristan Lane (alpine), Joey Lang (freestyle), Wiley Maple (alpine) and Oliver Smith (freestyle).
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Football power rankings going into Class 2A WSL play
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman