Durango softball defeats Basalt
August 31, 2013
The Basalt High School softball team ran into Class 4A reality Saturday.
The Durango Demons made the long trip from the Four Corners and took advantage of the Class 3A Longhorns with a 12-4 victory at the Basalt High School field.
The Demons, who play in a league with Grand Junction, Grand Junction Central, Fruita Monument and Montrose, struck early and jumped ahead in the BHS home game.
Saturday's victory was the first for Durango after four losses to Junction and Central to start the season.
Basalt moved to 1-2 on the season.
The Longhorns split a doubleheader against Green Mountain last weekend.
Recommended Stories For You
Basalt will open the conference season Thursday at Aspen. Game time is scheduled for 4 p.m.
The Basalt softball team, including players from Glenwood Springs and Roaring Fork high schools, will travel to the Falcon Tournament in Falcon on Sept. 6-7.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Preps: Fork beats AHS boys soccer, volleyball sweeps in Saturday action
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance