Durango softball defeats Basalt
August 31, 2013
The Basalt High School softball team ran into Class 4A reality Saturday.
The Durango Demons made the long trip from the Four Corners and took advantage of the Class 3A Longhorns with a 12-4 victory at the Basalt High School field.
The Demons, who play in a league with Grand Junction, Grand Junction Central, Fruita Monument and Montrose, struck early and jumped ahead in the BHS home game.
Saturday's victory was the first for Durango after four losses to Junction and Central to start the season.
Basalt moved to 1-2 on the season.
The Longhorns split a doubleheader against Green Mountain last weekend.
Recommended Stories For You
Basalt will open the conference season Thursday at Aspen. Game time is scheduled for 4 p.m.
The Basalt softball team, including players from Glenwood Springs and Roaring Fork high schools, will travel to the Falcon Tournament in Falcon on Sept. 6-7.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Slovakia’s Petra Vlhova is a ‘very strong rival’ for Mikaela Shiffrin
- Aspen boys basketball beats Basalt to end losing streak; Longhorn girls win
- Freeskiing Open returns to Buttermilk venues beginning with Thursday quals
- AVSC’s Hanna Faulhaber making a name for herself after Revolution Tour win
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’
- ‘Vasectomy zoning’ argument fails to sour Basalt council on project
- Issue committee formed to fight redevelopment of base of Aspen Mountain