CRMS shocks Basalt soccer team, 2-1
September 10, 2013
Colorado Rocky Mountain School scored two first-half goals and then held off the charging Basalt Longhorns, 2-1, in boys soccer on Tuesday afternoon.
"A team like that is always hungry to beat the big guns," Basalt head coach Brent Hayes said after Tuesday's loss. "Basically, they finished and we didn't."
He said CRMS had two good scoring chances in the first half, converting both into goals.
"We came back and scored to pull close," Hayes said. "And we had a couple of chances to score again. We created some things."
But, he said, the Longhorns started slowly against CRMS. That gave CRMS momentum and a two-goal lead.
Basalt moved to 3-2-0 with the Tuesday afternoon loss.
Recommended Stories For You
CRMS is 1-0-0 after playing its first match of the season.
Basalt will host Coal Ridge at 11 a.m. Saturday at the BHS soccer field.
The Longhorns will travel to Grand Valley next Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Homeowner near Aspen takes Starwood HOA to court over $900k in fines
- City of Aspen preparing for upheaval of pedestrian malls
- Tenants above fitness studio file lawsuit over noise
- City of Aspen warns motorists of major delays over bridge beginning April 2
- Feds intervene in Basalt cell service dispute, prompting answer from Verizon