Colorado PGA honors Richards
December 15, 2005
The Colorado division of the Professional Golfers Association recently recognized Aspen Junior Golf executive director Alden Richards for his service with youth.
Richards is the PGA Colorado Section Junior Golf Leader of the Year – an award he accepted at a banquet at the Cherry Hills Country Club in Denver.”It’s an honor and a privilege to be recognized by your peers as the No. 1 youth golf leader in the state,” Richards said. “It’s also an honor for Aspen.”
Richards is the first recipient from the Western Slope to receive the honor. He has been the PGA Colorado West Chapter junior golf leader for the past three years.
The awards banquet in Denver, honored Richards, along with 15 other men and women from around the state. Richards is friends with PGA pro Chris DiMarco, who was the runner-up in last year’s Masters. DiMarco comes to Aspen many times each year to help Richards teach youth clinics.Colorado PGA division president Kyle Heyen of the Hiwan Golf Club was named the Golf Professional of the Year at the banquet.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Aspen skier, 2018 Olympian Wiley Maple healthy, ready for World Cup season
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire