Colorado PGA honors Richards
December 15, 2005
The Colorado division of the Professional Golfers Association recently recognized Aspen Junior Golf executive director Alden Richards for his service with youth.
Richards is the PGA Colorado Section Junior Golf Leader of the Year – an award he accepted at a banquet at the Cherry Hills Country Club in Denver.”It’s an honor and a privilege to be recognized by your peers as the No. 1 youth golf leader in the state,” Richards said. “It’s also an honor for Aspen.”
Richards is the first recipient from the Western Slope to receive the honor. He has been the PGA Colorado West Chapter junior golf leader for the past three years.
The awards banquet in Denver, honored Richards, along with 15 other men and women from around the state. Richards is friends with PGA pro Chris DiMarco, who was the runner-up in last year’s Masters. DiMarco comes to Aspen many times each year to help Richards teach youth clinics.Colorado PGA division president Kyle Heyen of the Hiwan Golf Club was named the Golf Professional of the Year at the banquet.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Football power rankings going into Class 2A WSL play
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman