College mountain bike racers test Snowmass
September 26, 2014
Top college mountain bike racers from the region took the Snowmass test last weekend at the annual CU Invitational.
Maxx Chance of host CU won the featured men's A cross country race on Sunday, the second day of racing at Snowmass Ski Area.
Graham Ruhmann of Western State in Gunnison was second with Lucas Rowton of Fort Lewis College in Durango third.
Sofia Gomez Villafane of Fort Lewis won the women's A cross country race on Sunday, the final day of competition.
Emily Schaldach of the University of Colorado was second with Linnea Dixson of Wyoming third.
Dylan Crane of CU won the men's downhill. He's from Carbondale.
Recommended Stories For You
Kathleen Kremer of CU won the women's downhill with Rachael Dye of Colorado State second.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- All involved show that Run Rabbit Run ultra race is bigger than themselves
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border