Clark, Bleiler make U.S. Snowboarding team
November 30, 2010
COPPER MOUNTAIN, Colo. – Two-time Olympic medalist Kelly Clark headlines the eight-person U.S. snowboarding team for the 2010-11 season.
Clark joins Aspen Olympian Gretchen Bleiler, along with Olympians Greg Bretz and Louie Vito on a squad that will open the season next week at Copper Mountain, the opening event of the three-stop U.S. Halfpipe Grand Prix tour.
Others on the team are Clair Bidez, Kaitlyn Farrington, Elena Hight and Ellery Hollingsworth.
Clark won the bronze medal in Vancouver earlier this year to go with the gold she won in 2002.
Two-time Olympic gold medalist Shaun White is not a regular on the U.S. team, especially in non-Olympic years.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain