Clark, Bleiler make U.S. Snowboarding team
November 30, 2010
COPPER MOUNTAIN, Colo. – Two-time Olympic medalist Kelly Clark headlines the eight-person U.S. snowboarding team for the 2010-11 season.
Clark joins Aspen Olympian Gretchen Bleiler, along with Olympians Greg Bretz and Louie Vito on a squad that will open the season next week at Copper Mountain, the opening event of the three-stop U.S. Halfpipe Grand Prix tour.
Others on the team are Clair Bidez, Kaitlyn Farrington, Elena Hight and Ellery Hollingsworth.
Clark won the bronze medal in Vancouver earlier this year to go with the gold she won in 2002.
Two-time Olympic gold medalist Shaun White is not a regular on the U.S. team, especially in non-Olympic years.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Stirling Cup returns with 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American