Boys soccer: Basalt extends winning streak
October 15, 2015
The Basalt soccer steamroller added another victory this week.
The Longhorns overpowered visiting Colorado Rocky Mountain School 10-0 on Tuesday evening in Basalt with seven different players scoring.
Pedro River led the way with a hat trick and three goals for the Longhorns.
Daniel Arroyos scored two goals.
Pablo Rivera, Andrew Vargas, Javier de la Cruz, David Medrano and Nahuel Salazar also scored in the big Basalt win.
The Longhorns boosted their Western Slope League record to 6-0-1 with the shutout. Basalt boys soccer is 8-5-1 overall.
Recommended Stories For You
The win over CRMS was the ninth consecutive match without a loss for the Longhorns. A 1-1 tie against Coal Ridge is the only tie among eight victories for the Basalt boys soccer team.
The Longhorns are headed to a showdown for the league lead next Tuesday at Vail Mountain School.
The Gore Rangers are 6-0-0 in league play and 12-1-0 overall. They are scheduled to play at CRMS on Carbondale on Thursday before hosting Basalt next week.
The match will be the final regular-season game for the Longhorns.
Coal Ridge is third in the conference at 4-1-1, 7-5-1 overall.
Moffat County and Aspen are 3-3-0 in league play play. The Skiers are 5-6-1 overall. Moffat County is 6-5-1 overall.
The Aspen boys soccer team won 5-0 at Grand Valley on Tuesday after a 2-0 win over Rifle on homecoming Saturday in Aspen. The Skiers have won three in a row, including a 1-0 overtime victory over Roaring Fork.
Aspen will host Coal Ridge on Thursday with the varsity game set for a 6 p.m. start at Aspen School District Stadium.
The Skiers will play at CRMS in Carbondale on Saturday. They will close the regular season at home against Palisade on Oct. 20.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Lindsey Vonn to finally start her injury-delayed ski season in Cortina
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday