Boogie’s Buddy 5 kicks off the Fourth
July 3, 2002
The umpteenth annual Boogie’s Diner Buddy 5 race returns to Aspen, as usual, on the Fourth of July.
The event includes a five-mile running race and a one-mile family/canine walk, all starting and finishing at Boogie’s Diner in Aspen. The running events start at 8 a.m. with the fastest group of runners, followed by an 8:20 a.m. start for the rest of the pack. The canine/family walk starts at 9:30 a.m.
The Buddy 5 event benefits The Buddy Program, a nonprofit organization that matches youths with mentors throughout the valley.
Registration costs $25, or $15 for youths 16 and under. Participants should register at Boogie’s Diner (for an additional $10 on race day beginning at 7 a.m.). All participants will receive T-shirts (and “baby T’s” are available for women this year for an extra $5). For additional information, call 920-2130.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Birds of Prey ski races are officially a go in December at Beaver Creek
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director