Boogie’s Buddy 5 kicks off the Fourth
July 3, 2002
The umpteenth annual Boogie’s Diner Buddy 5 race returns to Aspen, as usual, on the Fourth of July.
The event includes a five-mile running race and a one-mile family/canine walk, all starting and finishing at Boogie’s Diner in Aspen. The running events start at 8 a.m. with the fastest group of runners, followed by an 8:20 a.m. start for the rest of the pack. The canine/family walk starts at 9:30 a.m.
The Buddy 5 event benefits The Buddy Program, a nonprofit organization that matches youths with mentors throughout the valley.
Registration costs $25, or $15 for youths 16 and under. Participants should register at Boogie’s Diner (for an additional $10 on race day beginning at 7 a.m.). All participants will receive T-shirts (and “baby T’s” are available for women this year for an extra $5). For additional information, call 920-2130.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- ‘Like an angel’: Mikaela Shiffrin inspired by cancer-surviving fan
- AVSC’s Hanna Faulhaber making a name for herself after Revolution Tour win
- Slovakia’s Petra Vlhova is a ‘very strong rival’ for Mikaela Shiffrin
- Aspen boys basketball beats Basalt to end losing streak; Longhorn girls win
- Freeskiing Open returns to Buttermilk venues beginning with Thursday quals
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’
- Issue committee formed to fight redevelopment of base of Aspen Mountain
- ‘Vasectomy zoning’ argument fails to sour Basalt council on project