Birds of Prey downhill canceled due to strong winds
December 3, 2010
BEAVER CREEK, Colo. – The Birds of Prey downhill race was canceled Friday and will not be rescheduled this weekend in Beaver Creek.
High winds caused two delays for the start of the race, which was originally scheduled for 11 a.m.
Race officials announced the cancelation at 1:30 p.m. after waiting for wind gusts at the top of the course to calm down.
The rest of the Birds of Prey races will go on as scheduled, with the super G set for Saturday at 11 a.m., and giant slalom set for Sunday, with first run at 9:45 a.m. and the second run at 12:45 p.m.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area