Benefit Wednesday for Aspen ski racer Bobby Moyer
November 3, 2015
A benefit concert Wednesday will help raise money for Aspen ski racer Bobby Moyer and his dreams of the World Cup.
The benefit concert, silent auction and party will be held Wednesday evening at the Belly Up in Aspen.
The reception and silent auction will open at 5:30 p.m.
Live music from U.S. Ski Team member Mark Engel will begin at 6:30 p.m.
The show is open to all ages; admission is $15.
Funds raised will support the ski racing career of Moyer, an Aspen native who is competing on the Nor-Am circuit with aspirations of reaching the World Cup in giant slalom.
Recommended Stories For You
"Ski racing at a high level is financially difficult, and I rely on … the community of my supporters to keep me out there chasing my dreams," Moyer said. "I want to invite all of you to … the Belly Up to help me for the upcoming winter."
Moyer said he will be training out of Aspen and Park City, Utah, this season with coach Florian Jagodic.
They will be working independently of the U.S. Ski Team, as many budding ski racers are forced to do with the financial limitations of the U.S. Ski Team and its development programs.
"This enables me to have the prime resources I need to compete at my maximum potential," said Moyer, who posted his best career results in summer training in Australia and New Zealand.
"Lowering my FIS points to 17 in GS, I also finished as the top American in the ANC giant slalom standings and the second-best American overall," Moyer said. "I hope to carry that momentum into the Northern Hemisphere season."
He said he organized the Wednesday night fundraiser with the help of sponsors and family.
"I am asking you to help me on my journey," Moyer said, "but this night is about more then just that. It's a night to get together and get ready for the upcoming winter; dance to some great music and gather as a community."
Moyer started racing through the Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club.
For more information, visit https://bobby-moyer.squarespace.com.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Birds of Prey ski races are officially a go in December at Beaver Creek
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director