BHS’s Kleager second at SSHS golf invite
August 24, 2017
Basalt High School golfer Holden Kleager tied for second on Thursday at the Steamboat Springs Invitational, played at Haymaker Golf Course.
Kleager shot an even par 72 to finish three strokes behind Montrose's Dawson Hussong, who shot 69. Finishing tied with Kleager were Grand Junction's Blake Schneiter, Canon Olkowski and Eagle Valley's Barrett Jones. Jones won the Aspen High School invitational on Wednesday.
Montrose won as a team, shooting 218. Grand Junction was second with 225 and Basalt third with 228. Aspen, which fielded mostly junior varsity players, took seventh with 251.
Henry Ferguson led the Skiers, shooting a 6-over-par 78 to finish in 10th. Basalt's Blake Exelbert was ninth with a 76.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Birds of Prey ski races are officially a go in December at Beaver Creek
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day