Basalt youth basketball wins titles
March 10, 2015
The Basalt elementary basketball teams collected a bevy of first-place honors for the season.
The Basalt girls third- and fourth-grade team won the valley championship in Glenwood Springs on Feb. 24.
The girls, coached by Scott Garcia and Steve Clettneberg, finished the season with a perfect 8-0 record.
The team members are Julia Gressett, Emma Jefferies Sophie Hodgson, Carly Gatlin, Ava Lane, Elizabeth Kummer, Katy Clettenberg , Taylor Anthes, Grace Garcia and Willow Bower.
The Basalt boys third- and fourth-graders also finished first in the valley tournament, which was played in Basalt.
The team include Sebastian Oliver, coach Robert Peters, Ben Limongelli, Aiden Peters, coach Lou Yllanes, Cooper Crawford, Mikai Yllanes, William Daniel, Luke Rapaport, Noah Johnston and Kade Schneider.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company