Basalt High volleyball steals rare set win from No. 8 Coal Ridge in 3-1 loss
October 12, 2017
The Basalt High School volleyball team hosted undefeated Class 3A No. 8 Coal Ridge on Thursday, losing 3-1. The Longhorns (8-8 overall) pulled off a shocking 25-22 win in the first set over the Western Slope League powerhouse, but lost the final three sets by scores of 25-17, 25-15 and 25-23.
Coal Ridge (14-0) has only lost five sets all season. Two of the losses came in a 3-2 win over Aspen High School.
The Longhorns are now off until playing at Aspen on Thursday. The Skiers play at Cedaredge on Saturday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Football power rankings going into Class 2A WSL play
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman