Basalt High softball splits make-up doubleheader with Cedaredge
September 27, 2017
The Basalt High School softball team split a key league doubleheader with host Cedaredge on Wednesday. The games were originally scheduled for last Saturday, but were postponed because of rain.
Basalt won the first game 9-4 behind a handful of Cedaredge fielding errors. BHS led 2-0 after an inning and added five more runs in the fourth inning to pull away. The Bruins responded with an 11-7 win in Game 2. The Longhorns led 3-2 after two innings, but Cedaredge scored four runs in each the fourth and seventh innings to earn the win.
Cedaredge moved to 5-9 overall and 5-3 in league play, while Basalt moved to 10-5 overall and 7-4 in league play. Basalt continues to chase Meeker and Delta for the top spot.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River