Basalt High softball splits make-up doubleheader with Cedaredge
September 27, 2017
The Basalt High School softball team split a key league doubleheader with host Cedaredge on Wednesday. The games were originally scheduled for last Saturday, but were postponed because of rain.
Basalt won the first game 9-4 behind a handful of Cedaredge fielding errors. BHS led 2-0 after an inning and added five more runs in the fourth inning to pull away. The Bruins responded with an 11-7 win in Game 2. The Longhorns led 3-2 after two innings, but Cedaredge scored four runs in each the fourth and seventh innings to earn the win.
Cedaredge moved to 5-9 overall and 5-3 in league play, while Basalt moved to 10-5 overall and 7-4 in league play. Basalt continues to chase Meeker and Delta for the top spot.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Football power rankings going into Class 2A WSL play
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman