Basalt softball gets first win, beats Aspen
August 29, 2017
The Basalt High School softball team got its first win of the season Tuesday, beating host Aspen, 17-3. The Longhorns opened the season with an 11-9 loss at home to Delta and a 6-5 loss at Meeker. BHS (1-2) will host a doubleheader against Gunnison on Thursday.
Aspen (0-2) opened its season last week with a 25-8 loss to Cedaredge. The Skiers next play Meeker on Sept. 5.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday