Basalt girls advance in district tourney
March 1, 2002
Basketball teams from both Aspen and Basalt high schools participated in the second round of the Class 3A Western Slope League district basketball tournament Thursday night.
The No. 1 seed Basalt girls team beat Olathe 67-43 during the Longhorns’ first appearance in the tournament. Basalt received a first-round bye. The girls move on to play Rangely at 7:30 p.m. today.
The No. 6 seed Aspen girls team, coming off a district win against Hotchkiss on Tuesday, lost to Roaring Fork 40-34. The Skiers must win tonight’s game in order to move on to the regional tournament scheduled for later this month.
Details on the Aspen boys’ matchup against Rangely was not available as of press time.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson
- Business Monday: Tomcich has no reservations about career change