Basalt girls advance in district tourney
March 1, 2002
Basketball teams from both Aspen and Basalt high schools participated in the second round of the Class 3A Western Slope League district basketball tournament Thursday night.
The No. 1 seed Basalt girls team beat Olathe 67-43 during the Longhorns’ first appearance in the tournament. Basalt received a first-round bye. The girls move on to play Rangely at 7:30 p.m. today.
The No. 6 seed Aspen girls team, coming off a district win against Hotchkiss on Tuesday, lost to Roaring Fork 40-34. The Skiers must win tonight’s game in order to move on to the regional tournament scheduled for later this month.
Details on the Aspen boys’ matchup against Rangely was not available as of press time.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- Colbert: What a wacky Monday
- Aspen man, 78, finally completes the Continental Divide Trail after 35 years
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Pitkin County to prompt valley-wide recycling changes, looking to end drop-off sites
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility