Basalt girls advance in district tourney
March 1, 2002
Basketball teams from both Aspen and Basalt high schools participated in the second round of the Class 3A Western Slope League district basketball tournament Thursday night.
The No. 1 seed Basalt girls team beat Olathe 67-43 during the Longhorns’ first appearance in the tournament. Basalt received a first-round bye. The girls move on to play Rangely at 7:30 p.m. today.
The No. 6 seed Aspen girls team, coming off a district win against Hotchkiss on Tuesday, lost to Roaring Fork 40-34. The Skiers must win tonight’s game in order to move on to the regional tournament scheduled for later this month.
Details on the Aspen boys’ matchup against Rangely was not available as of press time.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Lindsey Vonn to finally start her injury-delayed ski season in Cortina
- Shiffrin scales back schedule to avoid more fatigue, to skip upcoming downhills
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis