Basalt football breaks streak
October 11, 2013
The streak is over.
The Basalt Longhorns are in the win column.
The Basalt High School football team overpowered visiting Grand Valley, 51-21, on Friday night for its first victory of the season.
The Longhorns led 51-7 in the fourth quarter.
"We finally put it all together," Basalt head coach Carl Frerichs said. "The defense played phenomenally well. The whole team played well."
He said Oswaldo Olmedo scored two rushing touchdowns as did Matt Willams.
Recommended Stories For You
Williams and Cody Banc each rushed for more than 100 yards for the Longhorns, 1-6 overall, 1-4 in the Western League.
"We had an evening to celebrate," Frerichs said.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million