Basalt football breaks streak
October 11, 2013
The streak is over.
The Basalt Longhorns are in the win column.
The Basalt High School football team overpowered visiting Grand Valley, 51-21, on Friday night for its first victory of the season.
The Longhorns led 51-7 in the fourth quarter.
"We finally put it all together," Basalt head coach Carl Frerichs said. "The defense played phenomenally well. The whole team played well."
He said Oswaldo Olmedo scored two rushing touchdowns as did Matt Willams.
Recommended Stories For You
Williams and Cody Banc each rushed for more than 100 yards for the Longhorns, 1-6 overall, 1-4 in the Western League.
"We had an evening to celebrate," Frerichs said.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- X Games returns to Aspen this week with new medals, new snowboarding event
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Cortina super-G, her third win in discipline this season
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- ‘Time to listen to my body’: Lindsey Vonn may be in too much pain to continue on
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche